HEALTHY TRAVEL KIT
First Aid Kit:
- Hydrocortisone 1% cream to treat mild skin irritations, such as itching caused by insect bites or poison ivy.
- An antiallergenic, such as an antihistamine or epinephrine prescribed by your doctor, p. ex. by auto injection (EpiPen®)
- Anti diarrheal
- Medications to relieve motion sickness
- Cream or antibacterial and antifungal spray for wounds to prevent infection
- Medication against colds and flu, such as decongestants, cough medicine or throat lozenges
- Antipyretic and analgesic, such as acetylsalicylic acid (p. Ex. AspirinMD), ibuprofen (p. Ex. AdvilMD) or acetaminophen (p. Ex. TylenolMD)
- Medications for gastrointestinal discomfort, such as antacids and laxatives
- Medications that vary by destination, such as those against malaria, altitude sickness or motion sickness, if recommended.
- If you need syringes, take in more than you need for the entire duration of your stay and bring a medical certificate from your health care provider stating that they are for medical use.
- Earplugs for noise reduction or to prevent contaminated water from entering the ear canal
- Tablets or filters to purify water
- Sunscreen (SPF 15 or higher)
- Gel with aloe for sunburn
- Eye drops
- Insect repellent containing DEET or icaridin
- Mosquito net or screen
- An extra pair of corrective lenses (eyeglasses or contact lenses) or a prescription